Friday, May 13, 2011

1rst Full Day In Paradise :)

First full day in Costa Rica, suppostly the happiest place in the world. Yesterday I felt terrible leaving, I felt sick to my stomach and horrible leaving my dog, then as I arrived in Florida I became really excited and it kicked in that I was going to be studying spanish for a whole month. Everyone is so tired today, I fell asleep on both flights and barley woke up to get off haha. When we got off the plane we went through customs and there was a sign about child molesters hahah bieviendos! lol We went straight to the bank o el banko where we had to be scanned into this metal dector before we could enter. Everyone has starred at us all day long haha we look so different from everyone. After we traded our money at the bank we went to the market which was absoutley my favorite! There was SO many fruits and vegtables which we all walked around trying and also practicing our spanish. People here are amazingly friendly and it's been an awesome experience so far. so far I feel sooo full I feel like all we've done is been eating. lol but I am excited to experience the culture and then Sunday we get to meet our families we will be staying with! Kind of nervous about getting lost since I am direction RETARDED. We have an amazing host her name is Meggy hahah yes that is her name. She has come to Costa Rica for four summers now and worked with ICP the school we will be at, def. something I want to look at doing. We are going to La Paz tomorrow I huge resort place and also is a beautiful waterfall! I am SO excited. Alsooo there was an earthquake todayyy that was pretty sick! Well more laterrr, I am on Katie's computer and she's skping with someone! :) Loveeee to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you got there safe. Omg I am so beyond jealous right now. I think you're beginning to understand why that is my favoritest place in the world. Love and miss you bunches. SOAK IT ALL IN! It will pass so fast. (:

    ReplyDelete